Tuesday 16 February 2010

Hand spun

Well, it has taken me longer than I had hoped to post some of my yarns and fibres but a full time job means that I have much less time to spin and dye than I would like. I have, however, got some hand spun and hand painted yarns to show you:

This is hand painted Falkland wool, spun to a heavy DK to Aran weight. I have called this Mephisoto's Magik and it is one of a kind. There's approximately 200g here (I will update the post with the exact weight).


Aphrodite's Arboretum is also hand painted Falkland wool, hand spun to a sport/DK weight yarn. Also soft and squooshy and approximately 200g.


Lastly, this is hand painted Falkland wool hand spun and plied with hand spun Yak down. This is so, SO soft. It's chunky weight and again, approximately 200g.


A lot (although not all!) of my hand spun yarns are Falkland wool. It's a hardy sheep of mainly Corriedale (and, more recently, Polwarth ancestry) and I like it not only for its softness but also for its staple length and the fact that it will knit up very comfortably as singles just as it does plied. It really is my favourite wool to spin.

All of these yarns are for sale. I have not priced them yet, as I haven't got the exact weights to hand, but this info will be available very shortly. If you're interested in these, or any other yarns or hand-dyed fibres for spinning, I am generally able to accommodate! Please contact me at lavendercottagefibres(at)googlemail(dot)com with any queries.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I just found you on Ravelry and wanted to say good luck and that your yarn is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete