Monday 22 March 2010

Aftermath

The craft fair was really quite an enjoyable day out. It was great to meet some Ravellers and members of the Croydon knitting group. Thanks to all for their support! The spinning fibre and sock yarns went down very well. I do wish I had taken more yarn - there were a couple of disappointed faces when I said that was the last of it. Skye, the Angora bunny seemed happy enough being admired. She really is a dab-hand at all this show malarky.

I was a little disappointed at how un-crafty the show was. There seemed to be an awful lot of bought-in 'gifts' rather than hand-crafted items which, I thought, defeated the object. Also, there was absolutely no advertising for the event. There were, however, some DELICIOUS cakes! I bought enough cupcakes to feed an army, plus the nicest cake I've had in ages - chocolate and Baileys.

This week I'll be updating here with some more sock yarn, spinning fibre and some lace-weight, for those of you who are so inclined.

Back soon!

2 comments:

  1. Hello, it was good to meet you at the Craft fair and I am very chuffed with the yarn I bought. I couldn't wait to get my hands (needles) on it and have started a skinny scarf. When I've done a decent amount I'll add it as a project on Ravelry. The smell of lavender that wafts up as I'm knitting is a lovely bonus too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Wendy! Can't wait to see your project :) There will be some more sock yarns going up here over the weekend

    ReplyDelete